Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, August 19, 2011

100

Jim Thome had his milestone 600 HR last week. Congrats BTW!

Paul Konerko is coming up on 400 HR (393) and 2000 hits (1995) for his career. And 10 triples (8) and 10 stolen bases (9) in his career. Yeah, he’s that slow. When they bring in a 43 year old to pinch run for you, you’re not known for your speed. But back to topic.

And now I am at 100 posts. It’s been a short run (1st post was March 29, 2011) so about 4 1/2 months. I know when I started, I wasn’t sure I would have enough to talk about. But once I decided to start to collect again, it got off and running. That decision was helped along with Eric at “Manupatches and Chrome Scratches” (my wife has a bone to pick with you) so I blame him for bringing back this obsession. I’m loving collecting again and I really love trading. I’ve made 22 trade posts but I have another one to post yet, so 23 trades. They’ve all been great. The bloggers in our card community are amazing. I’ve gotten random cards in the mail from AJ at “the Lost Collector”, I’ve met a couple bloggers in person (Dustin from “No Relics Pulled”) and even worked a trade while together with Dennis from “Too Many Grandersons”. I thought I knew a lot about cards but there are some bloggers who just seem to know everything so reading other blogs has been educational and fun.

Another thing I learned was it takes more work than it looks to hold a contest. I spent hours last night getting all the entries ready to put in the random. Plus I had to figure out how to take screenshots because my cell phone is the only video camera I have and you can barely read the screen. But since I use google chrome, I had to download the extension to even do the screenshots. But with 99 entries and going from 30 to 46 followers, it was worth it. So after 5 randoms, the winners are…

RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer

Nathan (Canadian Cardboard), BA Benny, Play at the Plate & Hackenbush. So you 4, in order of 1-4, let me know which prize you want. Here they are again in case you forgot.

prizepack

1988 Fleer Baseball Superstars, 1988 Fleer Award Winners, 2011 Topps Lineage (rack pack) and 2011 Allen & Ginter’s (rack pack)

Pick your prizes and let me know your addresses at jccsst1022 at gmail dot com and I will get them shipped as soon as I can. BA Benny, I have your address unless it’s changed.

Thank you everybody for staying with me through my first 100 and hopefully there are many more to come.

Nathan, your up.

  • Nathan - Allen & Ginter
  • BA Benny - Lineage
  • Play at the Plate - Fleer Superstars
  • Hackenbush - Fleer Award Winners

Regular posts to resume. Thanks everyone for joining in on my 1st contest.

6 comments:

  1. Tell your wife I'm sorry. :) Glad you decided to blog full time as I enjoy your posts very much. Hope the next 100 are great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 100! You have a great blog here and are a pleasure to trade with. Thanks for a fun contest!

    I will choose the Lineage first and if Nathan chooses that I will go with the Ginter. I am still at the same address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm last. Thank god I don't have to choose. I'll e-mail you my address. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top 4 get prizes and I finished....... 5th. Story of my collecting life.

    Congrats again on 100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Congrats again on hitting a milestone. I'll go Lineage, Ginter or Superstars. Thanks and I'll they to email you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! You have no idea how excited I was to see my name at the top of that random.org screenshot :)

    I`ll take the Ginter, please and thank you. And congratulations again on your milestone.

    Sending you an email right now

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.